The global submarine cable industry continues to witness high growth and is amongst one of the prime focus areas by the leading telecom carriers globally which has aptly been supported by the recent development and advancements in the underlying and supporting technologies for it and increased demand for bandwidth. Long-haul trials of 400G wavelengths was successfully conducted in the year 2014 and it is soon expected that the terabit wavelengths would soon be operational in the next few years.
Telcos continue to focus on investing and deploying in the next generation submarine cable systems, to cater to the increase in the demand of bandwidth requirement of the future. Also, the cable networks deployed earlier continues to undergo up gradation, as telcos continue to leverage upon the connectivity provided by them across the developed countries. Increasing number of telcos are focussing on to catering the demand for international bandwidth across the already high demand markets. However, increasing demand from the developing countries from Asia-Pacific, Latin America and African & Middle East continue to create demand for the bandwidth requirements. Some of the countries which were earlier not connected by the submarine cable also continue to be the focus areas as telcos are keen to leverage upon the opportunities which exist in these previously underserved countries.
Increasing numbers of vendors are also facilitating the carriers to achieve the connectivity targets across various regions. The Supply vendors and the Upgrade vendors continue to focus on the increasing demand for bandwidth requirements created owing to digitization across the countries. Also, these vendors also act as key strategic implementation partners to facilitate the timely deployments of the cable networks and also help them in the cost optimization, which helps these carriers to overcome the pricing pressure due to increased competition.
This research report provides an overall analysis of the global submarine cable network and also focuses on the analysis across key regions for these cable networks. It provides an overview of major submarine cable networks which exists across the globe. Additionally, the recent development in the submarine cable networks is also covered in the report. It also includes an analysis and overview of some of the major vendors (suppliers) for the submarine cable networks.
Key Regions covered: APAC, Central & East Europe, Latin America, MEA, North America, Western Europe
Key Vendors mentioned in the report*: Alcatel-Lucent, Fujitsu, NEC, Huawei Marine Networks, TE Connectivity, Ericsson, NSW, Nexans, ZTT China, TeleYemen, Tata Communications, Orange, Telecom Italia Sparkle, Telecom Venezuela, Telecom Egypt, Liban Telecom, Telefonica, Telstra, China Telecom, China Unicom, Chunghwa Telecom, KT, Verizon, NTT, AT&T, SingTel, Communications Authority of Thailand, Telkom Indonesia, BT, Verizon, Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Sprint, TeliaSonera, Level 3, KPN, Telenor, Etisalat, GCI, Guyana Telephone and Telegraph (GT&T), Telesur, Globe Telecom, Google, KDDI, Telkom Indonesia, Telekom Malaysia, Bangladesh Telegraph and Telephone Board (BTTB), , Cyta, Neotel, Telecom Namibia, PCCW, Sonatel, Maroc Telecom
Key Features of the Report:
– The report mentions about the changing investment trends, deployment and region-wise investment and scenario in submarine cable networks 1995-2014 in brief.
– Includes a brief about the selected existing cable networks and planned networks which will be operational in 2015 and beyond for key regions
– Introduction about Systems and Upgrade suppliers for submarine cable networks
– Details of more than 50 select submarine cable systems (including existing as well as planned) with parameters like Overview, Ownership, Name of Landing Stations, Cable Length. Also, includes graphical representation of the cable network.
– Updates of recent developments and key entities involved
– Profile of leading vendors/suppliers for submarine fiber network- with details such as Company Overview, Key Focus Areas, Revenue Trends & Analysis, Product/services offered for submarine cable network, Customers/Partners
– Telecom service providers
– OSS and BSS vendors
– Internet Service Providers (ISPs)
– Global carriers
– Telecom Vendors
For detailed Table of contents, please send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org